SEAQUAL® YARN is a high quality 100% post-consumer recycled polyester yarn containing SEAQUAL® MARINE PLASTIC from SEAQUAL INITIATIVE.

SEAQUAL® YARN is almost identical in physical properties to virgin polyester and is available in a variety of sizes and finishes (both in continuous filament and staple fiber).

SEAQUAL® YARN is used in a multitude of applications including apparel and accessories, contract and automotive upholstery, home furnishings and technical textiles.

SEAQUAL® YARN contains approximately 10% SEAQUAL® MARINE PLASTIC (from plastic marine litter), the remaining 90% is post-consumer PET from land sources.

The Licensing System

SEAQUAL® YARN is sold through a licensing system. SEAQUAL® YARN and all products made with SEAQUAL® YARN are available exclusively to SEAQUAL Licensees. In order to gain access to SEAQUAL® YARN and the use of the SEAQUAL INITIATIVE names, logos and copyright materials, all members of the supply chain (including textile manufacturers, product manufacturers and brands) are required to sign a ’SEAQUAL Trademark & Copyright License Agreement’. As a condition of the license, all licensees can only buy from or sell to other licensees. All licensees are required to communicate their support for SEAQUAL INITIATIVE.

and SEAQUAL Textile Certification

All textiles produced with SEAQUAL® YARN (or any product manufactured directly from SEAQUAL® YARN) must be submitted to SEAQUAL SEAQUAL® YARN for fabric certification. SEAQUAL® YARN contains a tracer that allows SEAQUAL SEAQUAL® YARN to test for the presence of our SEAQUAL® MARINE PLASTIC polymer. All certified fabrics are given a unique SEAQUAL Textile Certification Number, and this number must be passed to your customers (excluding end consumers).

Minimum Content Requirement

SEAQUAL INITIATIVE recommends using 100% SEAQUAL® YARN in all textiles, or the highest content technically possible. In any case, all textiles made with SEAQUAL® YARN must contain a minimum of 20% SEAQUAL® YARN. All retail products made with SEAQUAL® YARN are also required to contain a minimum of 20% SSEAQUAL® YARN (if the retail product contains non-textile materials, 20% of the textile portion must be SEAQUAL® YARN).


SEAQUAL® YARN has both OEKO-TEX® Class 100 and GRS certification.

Where to buy SEAQUAL® YARN

There are currently 2 licensed manufacturers of SEAQUAL® YARN, Antex for continuous filament and VICA for short staple fiber, both of which are located in Spain. Please note that SEAQUAL® YARN is only available as a yarn, it is not available to purchase as a fiber.

What types of SEAQUAL® YARN are available?

SEAQUAL® YARN in continuous filament is available in DTY (Draw Textured Yarn) & ATY (Air Textured Yarn or ‘Taslan’).

Standard DTY yarns
50 Dtex – 668Dtex (45 denier – 600 denier)
2, 3 and 4 ply
Semi Dull and Full Dull
(Other types are available upon request)

Standard ATY yarns
70 Dtex – 3,000+ Dtex (63 denier – 2,700+ denier)
Semi Dull and Full Dull
(Other types are available upon request)

SEAQUAL® YARN in continuous filament is produced by Antex. Please visit Antex website for a list of contact persons by country/region

SEAQUAL® YARN is available in a variety of staple fiber blends:

· SEAQUAL fiber + Recycled Cotton
· SEAQUAL fiber + Organic Cotton
· SEAQUAL fiber + Recycled PES
· SEAQUAL fiber + Refibra (on request)
· SEAQUAL fiber + Tencel (on request)

SEAQUAL® YARN in staple fiber is commonly available in:
50Nm – 12Nm
2, 3, 4, 6 and 8 ply
(Other types are available upon request)

SEAQUAL® YARN in staple fiber is produced by VICA (Vich Industrial). Please visit VICA website for contact persons by country/region.

Discover all solutions that can be done with SEAQUAL® YARN

Download and share the Merchandising and Furnishing catalogues featuring the best cases from our Manufacturers and Brands

Whether you’re in search of a fabric manufacturer using SEAQUAL® YARN for your product creation, seeking finished products for distribution in your country, or considering starting from scratch to produce your own fabrics and furniture, these catalogues are tailored to your needs.

We invite you to download and share the Furnishing catalogue and the Merchandising catalogue.

If you’re involved in the field of construction, whether you’re an engineer, architect, or interior designer , and seeking solutions and finishes incorporating SEAQUAL® FIBER, we invite you to download the Furnishing catalogue